Thursday, January 7, 2010

Lazy days in the dead of winter

It is currently winter break in South Korea. This means the regular Korean teachers get time off from school. They can just chill at home, take enrichment classes, work on things for next semester, whatever. What does it mean for English teachers? Winter camps, desk warming, and in a stoke a good luck for me, a week where I can come straight home after teaching. I am currently camped out in my bed, all the blankets piled on, ondol blasting. My computer is opened to gmail and facebook, and I am ready to veg. I am especially happy today because Marie is finally back from her adventures in China, so I have my chatting buddy back. Yesterday, I was in much the same situation, and after accomplishing nothing but eating too much chicken with noodles (Jim dakk) I made a promise to Marie. I promised to be more productive. Unfortunately, everything outside of my bed is cold. This is supposedly the coldest weather Pohang has seen in 100 years. I question this due to the tumultuous history of Korea and the safety of weather records. Still it is cold. Marie tried to convince me that looking at photos on FB was productive, but maybe she was pointing out that I am just lazy.

So, here is what I need to do today, buy milk. This involves going outside and I need to mentally prepare for that. Clean my apartment. This involves cleaning, and, well... Do yoga. I don't want to do yoga until I do the other two things.

Maybe I will just stay in bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment