Friday, August 28, 2009

Packing Up

I am completely exhausted and my stuff has magically expanded and will no longer fit in my soccer bag. I think a curse was put on it. I have no idea how I will fit everything back in and get it on the bus to take it to my new province tomorrow. I will be working at an elementary school in Pohang, Gyeongbuk, which is right on the beach, has a steel mill, and a soccer team call the Steelers, just like Pittsburgh. I am pretty happy with my assignment, especially since I found out that my friend with be joining me in the city. Hurrah.

This week has been intense. Meeting new people, having the "What is your name? Where are you from?" conversations over and over again reminds me of freshman year. We even live in dorms here and have a curfew. I feel like I am 18. I don't really mind though. I am enjoying the fact that I get to be here, it is pretty surreal.

I should really write some of the highlights of the week down, like the temple and village we visited, but it is 2:18 am and I should go to bed so I don't miss the bus out of here in the morning. Also, I think my luggage is expanding again, and I need to put a stop to it.

PS: I am not sure when I will have internet access again, but as soon as I do I will update with actual information about my time here.

2 comments:

  1. As soon as I get internet and can post them, I will. Right now I am using a PC ban.

    ReplyDelete