Sunday, August 1, 2010

Coming Home

In a few hours I will be boarding a bus to Incheon Airport. From there I will fly to Osaka and then on to San Francisco. I am nervous and excited about the prospect of going home. Nervous mostly because it is only 7:42pm and my bus doesn't leave until 1am. Will I make it to the bus on time? What if I fall asleep? Did I pack everything? Will there be enough room on the bus when I get there? I really, really hope I don't fall asleep. And that I packed everything.

I am excited to see my friends and family again. It has been over a year since I have seen some of them. I will be spending about 10 days travelling around the US and the rest of the time with my parents. I can't wait to eat some non Korean food. I can't wait for some Mom cooking. I can't wait for some fun with my friends. It has been a hard week and I need the diversion.

Getting there is going to be tough. The bus ride to the airport takes about 5.5 hours. From there I have at least 3 hours at the airport, assuming the flight is on time. Then a 6 hour layover in Osaka. I wish I had either more time, or less, in Osaka. I am not really a patient person and the waiting will be tough. It stresses me out.

There will be things I miss about Korea while I am gone. I will miss my Korean friends, the foods I like, and the places I go. I will miss the constant buzz of the cicadas, and my morning and evening drums and bells from the temple next door. But, I will be back soon, so hopefully they will still be here when I return. The heat and humidity is welcome to stay away upon my return.

I guess I should have something to eat and hop in the shower. I still have about 4 hours before I want to leave for the bus, and I have to recheck my luggage as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment