Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Out of the blue...

I was sitting at my desk today, looking up photos of famous Koreans when, out of the blue, I was handed the most delicious rice ball I have ever eaten. It was sticky rice and filled with all sorts of things like ginkgo berries, sweet potatoes, and love. The 4th grade teacher thinks I am too thin. I love the 4th grade teacher.

Also, in a fit of spontaneity, my co-teacher turned to me today and said, "It would be better if you learned Korean. English is too hard." While I understand that I should learn Korean, and am making an effort to do so, these little non sequiturs are wearing thin. I have been here 3.5 months, give me some time. She has been studying English for years and is an English teacher. Awesome.

Other amazing quotes: I show up with my messy hair up in a clip and trying out a new lipstick I had bought, "You look very pretty today!" I blush, "Thanks!" "Much prettier than usual." "Oh..."

"Your face is better without glasses."

And my favorite, "You are so strange!" This is usually followed by something food related. "You are eating rice without side dishes," "You like potatoes," "You have had sushi before?" "You maybe like pineapple too much." No one can like pineapple too much.

No comments:

Post a Comment