Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Teacher: Find me a man

While walking home from school today I saw some of my students. I waved to them from across the street, which was their invitation to run, three abreast, in front of two cars, to come and meet me. The girl in the middle is always entertaining, usually greeting me with, "Oh lady, my lady!" Today it was, "Teacher! I am fine thank you, and you?" "But I didn't ask how..." "Teacher! I love you!" "Thanks sweetie." "Teacher, I am alone." "No, you have your two friends." "Teacher, find me a man!" "Oh, I don't think..." "Teacher! I am solo, no boyfriend. I must have boyfriend, but how? Where I find?" "Well, I am not really an expert in finding a boyfriend, but I think that find one shouldn't be your prio..." "Teacher, he must be smart, and so handsome, and tall. Very, very tall. And strong. Not ugly!" "Well, I think that you still have a lot of time to find someone special." "BUT HOW???" "Um, study hard and do fun activities and maybe you will meet someone?" "Ok teacher, you know many people. You find me boyfriend." "I'm not doing your work for you." "Sigh, always alone." Then her two friends dragged her away, jabbering in Korean.

3 comments: